An official website of the United States government
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Home : News : Article View
NEWS | July 9, 2010

KFOR 12 commander holds final meeting with Kosovo media

By Sgt. Jerry Boffen, 130th Public Affairs Detachment

CAMP BONDSTEEL, Kosovo - Army Brig. Gen. Al Dohrmann, commander of Multinational Battle Group East (MNBG-E) for Kosovo Forces (KFOR) 12 held an informal meeting here July 7 with media representatives from throughout Kosovo.

Dohrmann of the North Dakota National Guard discussed the work done by MNBG-E and the progress that has been made during KFOR 12's time in Kosovo. He also introduced his replacement to the media, Col. Francisco J. Neuman of the 92nd Maneuver Enhancement Brigade of the Puerto Rico National Guard. He will officially assume command July 24 during a transfer of authority ceremony.

During this final meeting with the Kosovo media, Dohrmann expressed his personal feelings regarding the transfer of MNBG-E to KFOR 13.

"It is with mixed feelings that we prepare to hand over responsibility of the safe and secure environment and freedom of movement in Kosovo to Col. Neuman and the able Soldiers under his command," said Dohrmann. "On one hand, it will be difficult to say goodbye to our friends and colleagues who remain here after we are gone. 

"On the other hand, there is a great sense of excitement among our Soldiers to return home and reunite with our families, as well as a sense of satisfaction over their efforts here in Kosovo and the significant progress we have seen first-hand."

Dohrmann said his troops have worked closely with the border police from Kosovo and the former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) to improve security along the border, improve cooperation between Kosovo and FYROM and increase the capability of the Kosovo Border Police.

"We have worked extensively with the Kosovo Police in exercises and joint training events, including a joint field exercise in Gnjilane/Gjilan)," he said.

Following Dohrmann's opening remarks, Neuman took the opportunity to address the media for the first time since arriving in Kosovo earlier in the week.

He said he is happy to come back to Kosovo and is looking forward to working with the people in Kosovo to help build a brighter future and lasting peace for future generations. This is Neuman's third deployment to Kosovo. He was here in 2000 and again from 2006 to 2007.

 

 

Related Articles
Air National Guard Major General Gary Charlton, commander of the New York Air National Guard, left, and Command Chief Master Sergeant Michael Hewson salute while taps played during the New York National Guard headquarters Memorial Day ceremony in Latham, New York, on May 21, 2026. Photo by Stephanie Butler.
N.Y. National Guard Marks Memorial Day With Ceremony
By Eric Durr, | May 21, 2026
LATHAM, N.Y. – Soldiers, Airmen, Naval Militia members and civilians who work at the New York National Guard headquarters in Latham marked Memorial Day with a short ceremony May 21 at the building’s Fallen Soldier...

U.S. Air National Guard Tech. Sgt. Fernanda Van Pratt, 162nd Aircrew Flight Equipment, or AFE, noncommissioned officer in charge, stitches a parachute at Morris Air National Guard Base, Arizona, May 1, 2026. During a major vertical inspection the 162nd AFE flight earned a top-tier rating, leading the inspector to share their modernized mobility deployment kits with Air National Guard units nationwide, enhancing mission adaptability across the force. Photo by Tech. Sgt. Hampton Stramler.
Arizona Guard Team Earns Awards for Combat Readiness
By Staff Sgt. Guadalupe Beltran, | May 21, 2026
MORRIS AIR NATIONAL GUARD BASE, Ariz. — The Arizona National Guard’s 162nd Wing’s Aircrew Flight Equipment, or AFE, flight recently earned two major command-level awards: the 2025 U.S. Air Force AFE Outstanding Air Reserve...

Capt. Richard
Oregon Guard Supports Ceremony Featuring 103-Year-Old WWII Pilot
By Maj. Wayne Clyne, | May 20, 2026
SALEM, Ore. – The hangar fell quiet for nearly 30 minutes on Armed Forces Day while Capt. Richard "Dick" Nelms stood before a crowd at the B-17 Alliance Museum & Restoration Hangar at Salem McNary Airfield and described, in...