An official website of the United States government
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Home : News : Article View
NEWS | July 9, 2010

KFOR 12 commander holds final meeting with Kosovo media

By Sgt. Jerry Boffen, 130th Public Affairs Detachment

CAMP BONDSTEEL, Kosovo - Army Brig. Gen. Al Dohrmann, commander of Multinational Battle Group East (MNBG-E) for Kosovo Forces (KFOR) 12 held an informal meeting here July 7 with media representatives from throughout Kosovo.

Dohrmann of the North Dakota National Guard discussed the work done by MNBG-E and the progress that has been made during KFOR 12's time in Kosovo. He also introduced his replacement to the media, Col. Francisco J. Neuman of the 92nd Maneuver Enhancement Brigade of the Puerto Rico National Guard. He will officially assume command July 24 during a transfer of authority ceremony.

During this final meeting with the Kosovo media, Dohrmann expressed his personal feelings regarding the transfer of MNBG-E to KFOR 13.

"It is with mixed feelings that we prepare to hand over responsibility of the safe and secure environment and freedom of movement in Kosovo to Col. Neuman and the able Soldiers under his command," said Dohrmann. "On one hand, it will be difficult to say goodbye to our friends and colleagues who remain here after we are gone. 

"On the other hand, there is a great sense of excitement among our Soldiers to return home and reunite with our families, as well as a sense of satisfaction over their efforts here in Kosovo and the significant progress we have seen first-hand."

Dohrmann said his troops have worked closely with the border police from Kosovo and the former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) to improve security along the border, improve cooperation between Kosovo and FYROM and increase the capability of the Kosovo Border Police.

"We have worked extensively with the Kosovo Police in exercises and joint training events, including a joint field exercise in Gnjilane/Gjilan)," he said.

Following Dohrmann's opening remarks, Neuman took the opportunity to address the media for the first time since arriving in Kosovo earlier in the week.

He said he is happy to come back to Kosovo and is looking forward to working with the people in Kosovo to help build a brighter future and lasting peace for future generations. This is Neuman's third deployment to Kosovo. He was here in 2000 and again from 2006 to 2007.

 

 

Related Articles
U.S. Soldiers with the Army National Guard speak with D.C. locals while patrolling Metro Center Aug 26, 2025. About 2,000 National Guard members are supporting the D.C. Safe and Beautiful mission providing critical support to the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department in ensuring the safety of all who live, work, and visit the District.
Guard Members From Six States, D.C. on Duty in Washington in Support of Local, Fed Authorities
By Sgt. 1st Class Jon Soucy, | Aug. 29, 2025
WASHINGTON – More than 2,000 National Guard Soldiers and Airmen from six states and the District of Columbia are on duty in Washington as part of Joint Task Force – District of Columbia in support of local and federal...

Lt. Gen. H. Steven Blum, chief of the National Guard Bureau, Maj. Gen. Russel Honore, Task Force Katrina commander, and Brig. Gen. John Basilica, 256th Infantry Brigade Combat Team commander, talk to news media during the aftermath of Hurricane Rita on Sep. 29, 2005. Basilica was appointed commander of Task Force Pelican, responsible for coordinating National Guard hurricane response efforts across the State. The task force included tens of thousands of National Guard Soldiers from Louisiana and other states.
Louisiana Guard’s Tiger Brigade Marks 20th Anniversary of Redeployment and Hurricane Response
By Rhett Breerwood, | Aug. 29, 2025
NEW ORLEANS – This fall, the Louisiana National Guard’s 256th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, known as the Tiger Brigade, commemorates the 20th anniversary of its redeployment from Iraq in September 2005, coinciding with the...

Alaska Air National Guard HH-60G Pave Hawk aviators and Guardian Angels, assigned to the 210th and 212th Rescue Squadrons, respectively, conduct a hoist rescue demonstration while participating in a multi-agency hoist symposium at Bryant Army Airfield on Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska, July 22, 2025. The symposium, hosted by Alaska Army National Guard aviators assigned to Golf Company, 2-211th General Support Aviation Battalion, included U.S. Coast Guard crews assigned to Sector Western Alaska and U.S. Arctic out of Air Stations Kodiak and Sitka, Alaska Air National Guardsmen with the 176th Wing rescue squadrons, U.S. Army aviators from Fort Wainwright’s 1-52nd General Support Aviation Battalion, Alaska State Troopers, and civilian search and rescue professional volunteers from the Alaska Mountain Rescue Group. The collaborative training drew on the participants’ varied backgrounds, experiences, and practices, to enhance hoist proficiency and collective readiness when conducting life-saving search and rescue missions in Alaska’s vast and austere terrain. (Alaska Army National Guard photo by Alejandro Peña)
Alaska Air Guard Conducts Multiple Hoist Rescues of Stranded Rafters on Kichatna River
By Staff Sgt. Seth LaCount, | Aug. 29, 2025
JOINT BASE ELMENDORF-RICHARDSON, Alaska — Alaska Air National Guard members with the 176th Wing rescued three rafters Aug. 28 after their raft flipped over on the Kichatna River.The Alaska Rescue Coordination Center opened...