MAJOR GENERAL THOMAS F. GRABOWSKI
Maj. Gen. Thomas F. Grabowski is the Assistant Adjutant General - Air, Georgia National Guard. His duties and responsibilities include commanding and developing policies, plans and programs affecting more than 2,900 Georgia Air National Guard Airmen and civilians serving in two flying wings, seven geographically separated units and readiness training center across six locations. Prior to his current assignment, General Grabowski, served as the Special Assistant to the Director Air National Guard for Total Force Integration, Office of the Air Force Director of Staff, U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Virginia.
General Grabowski joined the Georgia Air National Guard in 1985 as an enlisted Telecommunications Specialist. He later commissioned as a communications officer through the Academy of Military Science in 1994. General Grabowski has held command, staff and supervisory positions to include commander of the 116th Air Control Wing, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia, where he was responsible for the worldwide employment of the E-8C Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System (JSTARS). His aviation career includes more than 2,700 flying hours; including more than 1,700 combat hours in the E-8C.
1988 Associate of Business Administration, Middle Georgia College, Cochran
1990 Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing, Georgia College, Milledgeville
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 National Security Decision Making Course, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2008 Master of Science, Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle University, Worldwide Campus, Fla.
2011 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2012 Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government, Leadership in Crisis, Cambridge, Mass.
2015 Joint Task Force Commander Training Course, U.S. Northern Command, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2017 Dual Status Commander Certification Program, U.S. Northern Command, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2019 Senior Leader Orientation Course (SLOC); Joint Base Andrews, Md. & Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
2020 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives (CPIE), Institute for Defense Business, San Antonio, TX
2020 National Security Studies Management Course (NSSMC), Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
1. September 1994 - September 1996, Officer in Charge, Wire, 202nd Engineering Installation Squadron, Macon, Ga.
2. September 1996 - September 1997, Officer in Charge, Workload Control, 202nd Engineering Installation Squadron, Macon, Ga.
3. September 1997 - August 1998, Communications-Computer Systems Officer, 202nd Engineering Installation Squadron, Macon, Ga.
4. August 1998 - May 1999, Public Affairs Officer, 116th Bomb Wing, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
5. May 1999 - April 2002, Commander, 116th Communications Flight, Robins AFB, Ga.
6. April 2002 - January 2003, Student, 325th Combat Training Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
7. January 2003 - October 2003, Student, 330th Combat Training Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
8. October 2003 - October 2004, Air Battle Manager/Air Weapons Officer, 12th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. October 2004 - October 2005, Flight Commander, 12th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
10. October 2005 - October 2006, Chief of Staff, 12th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
11. October 2006 - October 2008, Assistant Director of Operations, 12th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. October 2008 - June 2010, Director of Wing Plans and Programs, 116th Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. June 2010 - April 2011, Deputy Director of Operations, 116th Operations Support Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. April 2011 - February 2013, Commander, 116th Operations Support Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. February 2013 - October 2013, Director of Operations, Headquarters Georgia Air National Guard, Clay National Guard Center, Ga.
16. November 2013 - April 2015, Commander, Combat Readiness Training Center, Savannah, Ga.
17. April 2015 - June 2017, Vice Wing Commander, 116th Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
18. June 2017 - August 2018, Wing Commander, 116th Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
19. February 2019 - Present, Assistant Adjutant General, HQ GA ANG, Clay National Guard Center, Ga.
Rating: master air battle manager
Flight hours: more than 2,700 (including more than 1700 combat)
Aircraft flown: E-8C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 29, 1994
First Lieutenant Feb. 6, 1997
Captain March 5, 1999
Major March 23, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel July 19, 2008
Colonel Jan. 9, 2014
Brigadier General Aug. 10, 2018
Major General Dec. 14, 2020
(Current as of November 2021)