MAJOR GENERAL MARK A. WEBER
Maj. Gen. Mark Weber is the Air National Guard Assistant to the Commander, Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii. Pacific Air Force is responsible for Air Force activities spread over half the globe in a command that supports 46,000 Airmen serving principally in Japan, South Korea, Hawaii, Alaska and Guam.
General Weber also serves as the Chairman for the Director of the Air National Guard’s Strategic Planning System.General Weber earned his commission from the Air National Guard's Academy of Military Science, Officer Training Program, at McGhee- Tyson Air Base, Knoxville, Tennessee in April 1992. He earned his pilot wings from the Undergraduate Pilot Training program at Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas. He was a distinguished graduate in the B-1B and E-8C initial qualification programs. Over his career, General Weber has gained command experience serving in diverse leadership capacities at the squadron, group, wing, and state level. His aviation career includes more than 4,000 flying hours in a variety of aircraft. His career includes deployments to Operation's PROVIDE PROMISE, IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM, NEW DAWN, ALLIES REFUGE and ALLIES WELCOME.
1990 Bachelor of Science in Financial Management, Clemson University, S.C.
1999 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2002 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2007 Air War College, by correspondence
2008 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort McNair, D.C.
2014 Joint Task Force Commanders Course, USNORTHCOM, Colo.
2015 Dual Status Commander Certification Program, USNORTHCOM, Colo.
2017 Joint Combined Warfighter School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2019 Director of Mobility Forces Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2019 Joint Air Component Coordination Element Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md
2019 Senior Leader Orientation Course (SLOC); Joint Base Andrews, Md. & Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
2020 Nuclear Leadership Course, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
2022 General and Flag Officer Homeland Security Executive Seminar (GFOS), Harvard Kennedy School, Cambridge, Mass.
1. April 1992 - April 1993, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. April 1993 - August 1993, C-130E Basic and Tactical Airdrop School, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
3. August 1993 - September 1995, C-130H Copilot, 164th Airlift Squadron, Mansfield, Ohio
4. October 1995 - June 1996, C-130H Copilot, 158th Airlift Squadron, Savannah, Ga.
5. July 1996 - September 2002, Evaluator Pilot, 128th Bomb Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
6. August 2002 - November 2002, Commander, 416th Expeditionary Operational Support Flight, Southwest Asia
7. November 2002 - January 2005, Assistant Director of Operations, E-8C Instructor Pilot, 12th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
8. July 2004 - September 2004, Director of Operations, 12th Expeditionary Air Command and Control Squadron, Southwest Asia
9. January 2005 - July 2007, Chief, Standardization and Evaluation, 116th Operations Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
10. August 2007 - May 2010, Commander, 116th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
11. May 2010 - October 2010, Deputy Commander, 116th Operations Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. October 2010 - December 2011, Commander, 745th Special Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla
13. December 2011 - September 2012, Deputy Commander, 116th Operations Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. September 2012 - April 2014, Commander, 116th Operations Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. April 2014 - June 2015, Chief of the Joint Staff, Georgia Department of Defense, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
16. July 2015 - July 2017, Commander, 116th Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
17. July 2017 - April 2018, Director of Operations, Georgia Air National Guard, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
18. April 2018 - May 2022, Chief of Staff, Fort Harrison, MT; dual-hatted, January 2021 - May 2022, ANG Assistant to the Director, A-5/8, Air Mobility Command, IL; dual-hatted, April 2019 - December 2020, Assistant to the Commander, 18th Air Force, Scott Air Force Base, Ill (August 2020 - September 2020, Director of Mobility Forces, United States Forces - Korea, Osan AB, South Korea)
19. June 2022 - Present, Air National Guard Assistant to the Commander, Pacific Air Forces (PACAF) , Hickam AFB, Hawaii
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. October 2010 - December 2011, Commander, 745th Special Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla as a lieutenant colonel
2. April 2014 - June 2015, Chief of the Joint Staff, Georgia Department of Defense, Dobbins ARB, Ga. as a colonel
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 4,000 with over 600 combat
Aircraft flown: B-1B, C-130E/H, E-8C, RC-26B, T-38, T-37, T-41
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit with valor device and eight oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with bronze star
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze star
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 'M' device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 9, 1992
First Lieutenant May 15, 1994
Captain May 19, 1996
Major March 26, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel June 15, 2006
Colonel Sept. 26, 2012
Brigadier General April 3, 2018
Major General June 1, 2022
(Current as of June 2022)