BRIGADIER GENERAL DAVID A. WEISHAAR
Brig. Gen. David A. Weishaar is the Director of Joint Staff, Kansas National Guard, Chief of Staff- Air, Commander, Kansas Air National Guard and most recently became dual hatted as the Air National Guard Assistant to Commander, Air Force Sustainment Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Tinker AFB, Okla. He serves as the chief advisor to The Adjutant General on all matters pertaining to National Guard programs, policies, operations, management, and command and control in Kansas. General Weishaar is responsible for 2,300 Air and 4,800 Army National Guard personnel serving in the Adjutant General’s Department, at two wings, one geographically separated unit, and in many other facilities located in communities throughout the state. Previous to this current assignment, General Weishaar served as the Assistant Adjutant General- Air and Commander, Kansas Air National Guard.
General Weishaar initially entered the Air Force in Jan 1981 as an aircraft maintenance specialist. He separated from the active duty Air Force and joined the Kansas Air National Guard in 1985. He held various positions in the aircraft maintenance arena until his commissioning through the Academy of Military Science as a Distinguished Graduate in 1996. After gaining his commission, General Weishaar held several positions in the 184th Intelligence Wing to include commanding at the Flight, Squadron, Group, and Wing level.
1992 Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management, Friends University, Wichita, Kan.
1996 Academy of Military Science, McGhee-Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
2002 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2006 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2010 Air War College, by correspondence
2013 Joint and Combined Warfighter School, Norfolk NAS, Va.
2017 Leadership in Homeland Security, Harvard Kennedy School, Cambridge, Mass.
2018 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives (CPIE), San Antonio, Texas
1. September 1996 - November 1998, Chief, Logistics Plans, 184th Bomb Wing, Kansas ANG, McConnell AFB, Kan.
2. November 1998 - February 2003, Chief of Supply, 184th Bomb Wing, Kansas ANG, McConnell AFB, Kan.
3. February 2003 - December 2003, Chief of Supply, 184th Air Refueling Wing, Kansas ANG, McConnell AFB, Kan.
4. December 2003 - December 2004, Crew Commander, 299th Network Operations Security Squadron, Kansas ANG, McConnell AFB, Kan.
5. December 2004 - October 2007, Commander, 184th Communications Flight, Kansas ANG, McConnell AFB, Kan.
6. October 2007 - November 2008, Commander, 127th Combat Munitions Squadron, Kansas ANG, McConnell AFB, Kan.
7. November 2008 - February 2013, Commander, 299th Network Operations Security Squadron, Kansas ANG, McConnell AFB, Kan.
8. February 2013 - October 2015, Commander, 184th Mission Support Group, Kansas ANG, McConnell AFB, Kan.
9. October 2015 - May 2018, Commander, 184th Intelligence Wing, Kansas ANG, McConnell AFB, Kan.
10. May 2018 - July 2019, Assistant Adjutant General, Topeka, KS
11. July 2019 - Present, Chief of Staff, Topeka, Kan.; dual-hatted, August 2019 - Present, Air National Guard Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Sustainment Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal one oak leaf cluster
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters National Defense Service Medal with one device
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Services Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Air Force Longevity Service with eight oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with three devices
United States Air Force Noncommissioned Officer Professional Military Education Graduate Ribbon
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with one device
Air Force Training Ribbon with one oak leaf cluster
Kansas National Guard Meritorious Service Ribbon with one oak leaf cluster
Kansas National Guard State Emergency Duty Service Ribbon with one oak leaf cluster
Kansas National Guard Commendation Ribbon with one oak leaf cluster
Kansas National Guard Service Medal with three devices
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 19, 1996
First Lieutenant Sept. 19, 1998
Captain Sept. 19, 2000
Major Sept. 22, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel March 19, 2009
Colonel Aug. 9, 2013
Brigadier General May 5, 2018
(Current as of November 2019)