MAJOR GENERAL SHAWN N. BRATTON
Maj. Gen. Shawn N. Bratton is Commander, Space Training and Readiness Command, temporarily located at Peterson Space Force Base, Colorado.
Space Training and Readiness Command was established as a Field Command 23 August 2021, and is responsible for preparing the USSF and more than 6,000 Guardians to prevail in competition and conflict through innovative education, training, doctrine, and test activities.
General Bratton received his commission from the Academy of Military Science in Knoxville, Tenn. Prior to his commissioning General Bratton served as an enlisted member of the 107th Air Control Squadron, Arizona Air National Guard. He has served in numerous operational and staff positions. General Bratton was the first Air National Guardsman to attend Space Weapons Instructor Course at Nellis Air Force Base. He deployed to the Air Component Coordination Element, Camp Victory Iraq for Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, he served as the USNORTHCOM Director of Space Forces, and commanded the 175th Cyberspace Operations Group, Maryland Air National Guard. He also served as the Deputy Director of Operations, USSPACECOM. Prior to his current assignment, Maj Gen Bratton served as the Space Training and Readiness Task Force Lead.
1993 Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education, Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.
1994 Academy of Military Science, Knoxville, Tenn
1999 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2005 Master’s Certificate, Homeland Security Studies, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
2010 Air War College, by correspondence
2011 Naval War College, in residence
2011 Master’s degree in National Security Studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2020 Enterprise Leadership Seminar (ELS), University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
2020 Leading Strategically, CCL Campus, Colorado Springs, CO
2021 Senior Leader Orientation Course (SLOC), Arlington, VA
1. March 1987 - April 1987, Basic Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. April 1987 - December 1987, Student, Aircraft Control and Early Warning Systems, Keesler AFB, Miss
3. January 1988 - September 1994, Aircraft Control and Warning Radar Technician, 107th Air Control Squadron, Arizona Air National Guard, Phoenix, Ariz.
4. September 1994 - October 1994, Student, Academy of Military Science, Knoxville, Tenn.
5. October 1994 - August 1999, Communications Officer, 107th Air Control Squadron, Phoenix, Ariz.
6. August 1999 - March 2000, Operations Officer, Joint Counter-Narcotics Task Force, Phoenix, Ariz.
7. March 2000 - December 2003, Action Officer, Headquarters Air Force Space Command HQ AFSPC/CG, Peterson AFB, Colo.
8. January 2003 - June 2003, Student, USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
9. July 2003 - July 2005, Chief, Weapons and Tactics, HQ AFSPC/A3, Peterson AFB, Colo.
10. August 2005 - July 2007, Weapons Officer, Det 2, Arizona ANG, Sky Harbor International Airport, Phoenix, Ariz.
11. August 2007 - July 2010, ANG Advisor to Commander, 14th Air Force, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
12. June 2011 - February 2014, ANG Advisor to AFSPC/A3 & A6, Peterson AFB, Colo.
13. August 2012 - June 2011, Student, Naval War College, Newport, Rhode Island
14. March 2014 - May 2015, ANG Advisor to the Commander, AFSPC, Peterson AFB, Colo. 2/3
15. May 2015 - June 2017, Commander, 175th Cyberspace Operations Group, Warfield ANG Base, Md.
16. July 2017 - January 2019, ANG Advisor to the Commander, AFSPC, Peterson AFB, Colo.
17. January 2019 - August 2019, Deputy Director of Operations, Plans, and Training, Joint Force Space Component Command, Peterson AFB, Colo
18. April 2019 - August 2019, Special Assistant to the Chief National Guard Bureau for Space, Schriever AFB, Colo.
19. August 2019 - February 2021, Deputy Director of Operations, United States Space Command, Schriever AFB, Colo.
20. February 2021 - August 2021, Space Training and Readiness Task Force Lead, United States Space Force, Peterson AFB, Colo.
21. August 2021 - Present, Commander Space Training and Readiness Command, United States Space Force, Peterson Space Force Base, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with six devices
Air Force Commendation Medal with device
Air Force Achievement Medal with four devices
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
USAF NCO PME Graduate Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 29, 1994
First Lieutenant Sept. 30, 1996
Captain Oct. 3, 1998
Major Oct. 17, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 1, 2007
Colonel May 26, 2011
Brigadier General April 2, 2019
Major General Feb. 17, 2022
(Current as of March 2022)