BRIGADIER GENERAL SHAWN N. BRATTON
Brig. Gen. Shawn Bratton is the United States Space Force planning lead for the Space Training and Readiness Command. Space Training and Readiness Command is expected to be established as a Field Command in the summer of 2021 and will be responsible for United States Space Force training, doctrine, test, range and education activities.
General Bratton received his commission from the Academy of Military Science in Knoxville, TN. Prior to his commissioning General Bratton served as an enlisted member of the 107th Air Control Squadron, Arizona Air National Guard. He has served in numerous operational and staff positions. General Bratton was the first Air National Guardsman to attend Space Weapons Instructor Course at Nellis AFB. He deployed to the Air Component Coordination Element, Camp Victory Iraq for Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, he served as the USNORTHCOM Director of Space Forces, and commanded the 175th Cyberspace Operations Group, Maryland Air National Guard. Prior to his current assignment, General Bratton served as the Deputy Director of Operations, USSPACECOM.
1993 Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
1999 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College (ACSC), by correspondence
2010 Air War College, by correspondence
2011 United States Naval War College, in residence
2011 Master of Science in National Security Studies, United States Naval War College , Newport, Rhode Island
2020 Enterprise Leadership Seminar (ELS), University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
2020 Leading Strategically, CCL Campus, Colorado Springs, CO
2021 Senior Leader Orientation Course (SLOC), Arlington, VA
1. April 1987 - December 1987, Student, Aircraft Control and Early Warning Systems, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2. January 1988 - September 1994, Aircraft Control and Warning Radar Technician, 107th Air Control Squadron, Arizona Air National Guard, Phoenix, Ariz.
3. September 1994 - October 1994, Student, Academy of Military Science, Knoxville, Tenn.
4. October 1994 - August 1999, Communications Officer, 107th Air Control Squadron, Phoenix, Ariz.
5. August 1999 - March 2000, Operations Officer, Joint Counter-Narcotics Task Force, Phoenix, Ariz.
6. March 2000 - December 2003, Action Officer, HQ AFSPC/CG, Peterson AFB, Colo.
7. January 2003 - June 2003, Student, USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
8. July 2003 - July 2005, Weapons and Tactics, HQ AFSPC/A3, Peterson AFB, Colo.
9. August 2005 - July 2007, Weapons Officer, Det 2, AZ ANG, Sky Harbor IAP, Phoenix, Ariz.
10. August 2007 - July 2010, ANG Advisor to 14th Air Force, Vandenberg AFB, Calif
11. August 2010 - June 2011, Student, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
12. June 2011 - February 2014, ANG Advisor to AFSPC/A3 & A6, Peterson AFB, Colo.
13. March 2014 - May 2015, ANG Advisor to the Commander, AFSPC, Peterson AFB, Colo.
14. May 2015 - June 2017, Cyber Ops Group Commander, 175th Wing, Warfield ANG Base, Md.
15. July 2017 - January 2018, ANG Advisor to the Commander, AFSPC, Peterson AFB, Colo.
16. April 2019 - August 2019, Special Assistant to Chief, National Guard Bureau for Space, National Guard Bureau, Peterson AFB, CO
17. August 2019 - January 2021, Deputy Director, J3, USSPACECOM, CO
18. February 2021 - Present, Space Training and Readiness Command Planning Lead, Peterson AFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with six devices
Air Force Commendation Medal with device
Air Force Achievement Medal with four devices
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
USAF Weapons School, Distinguished Graduate; Officer Space Prerequisite Training, Top Graduate; Squadron Officer School, Distinguished Graduate; Academy of Military Science, Distinguished Graduate; NCO Preparatory School, Distinguished Graduate
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 29, 1994
First Lieutenant Sept. 30, 1996
Captain Oct. 3, 1998
Major Oct. 17, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 1, 2007
Colonel May 26, 2011
Brigadier General April 2, 2019
(Current as of August 2021)