Brigadier General Bobbi J. Doorenbos
Brig Gen Bobbi J. Doorenbos served as Special Assistant to the Director, Air National Guard, acting as the Headquarters Air Force Military Deputy for Training and Readiness. She advised the Director, Air National Guard on matters relating to Headquarters Air Force Operations Training and Readiness, and assists in oversight of the directorate of eight divisions: Combat Operations, Mobility Operations, Readiness, Special Operations, Aircrew Management, Operational Training Infrastructure, Command and Control, Information Operations, Integrated Air Missile Defense, and Air Force Modeling and Simulation. Previously, General Doorenbos served as the Wing Commander of the 188th Wing in Fort Smith, Arkansas. There she had oversight of the MQ-9, DGS and Space-
Focused Targeting operations in the wing.
General Doorenbos attended Iowa State University, graduating in 1992 with a B.B.A. in Finance. She was selected for pilot training by the Iowa Air National Guard's 185th Fighter Wing in Sioux City, Iowa, and received her commission through the Academy of Military Science in 1995. She has held a number of positions at NGB, including Executive Officer for the Deputy Director, ANG; Chief of the Deployments Execution Branch (ANG/A3XO); White House Fellow; Executive Officer/Speechwriter for the ANG Director; Chief of the Airborne ISR Division (NGB/A2C); and Special Advisor to Vice President Joe Biden for Defense Policy and Intelligence Programs. She is currently on military leave from American Airlines. General Doorenbos is a senior pilot with more than 1,200 hours in the F-16C.
1992 Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Master of Science in Strategic Intelligence, National Defense Intelligence College, Defense Intelligence Agency, Bolling AFB, Md.
2008 Air Command and Staff College by correspondence
2012 Air War College by correspondence
2017 Level IV AT/FP, in residence
1. June 1997 - January 2002, F-16 pilot, 185th Fighter Wing, Sioux City, Iowa Air National Guard
2. January 2002 - June 2002, Air National Guard Crisis Action Team, National Guard Bureau, Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland
3. June 2002 - August 2003, Executive Officer to Deputy Director and Chief Operating Officer, Air National Guard, National Guard Bureau, Crystal City, Virginia
4. September 2003 - April 2005, Chief, Fighter Deployments, Air National Guard, National Guard Bureau, Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland
5. April 2005 - August 2007, Chief, Deployments Execution Branch, Air National Guard, National Guard Bureau, Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland
6. September 2007 - August 2008, White House Fellow, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C.
7. September 2008 - June 2009, Executive Officer/Speechwriter to the Director, Air National Guard, National Guard Bureau, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. July 2009 - May 2010, Chief, Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Division, Air National Guard, National Guard Bureau, Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland
9. May 2010 - June 2012, Special Advisor to the Vice President for Defense Policy and Intelligence Programs, Office of the Vice President, White House, Washington, D.C.
10. June 2012 - June 2013, Chief, Program Requirements and Integration Division, Air National Guard, National Guard Bureau, Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland
11. July 2013 - December 2015, Commander, 214th Reconnaissance Group, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Arizona
12. January 2015 - September 2017, Commander, 188th Wing, Ebbing Air National Guard Base, Fort Smith, Arkansas
13. September 2017 - October 2017, Special Assistant to the Director, Air National Guard, for Total Force Continuum , Washington, DC
14. October 2017 - July 2018, Special Assistant to the Director, Air National Guard for Headquarters Air Force, Military Deputy for Training and Readiness, Washington, DC
Rating: Senior Pilot
Flight hours: 1,200
Aircraft flown: F-16C, MQ-1B
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 20, 1995
First Lieutenant April 20, 1997
Captain March 10, 2000
Major March 26, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel April 17, 2008
Colonel June 14, 2013
Brigadier General Sept. 28, 2017
(Current as of August 2018)