Brigadier General Wendy K. Johnson
Brig. Gen. Wendy K. Johnson is the Director, Joint Staff for the Nebraska National Guard, Lincoln, Neb. She is responsible for the direction and control of Nebraska Army and Air National Guard forces for homeland security, civil support capabilities, international affairs, and joint force activities, including National Guard Civil Support and Defense Support of Civil Authorities.
General Johnson also serves in a dual-hat assignment as the ANG Assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. She supports the Deputy Chief of Staff in leadership, management and integration of Air Force logistics readiness, aircraft and missile maintenance, civil engineering and security forces.
General Johnson earned her commission in 1988 from the Academy of Military Science, McGhee-Tyson ANG Base, Tenn. Her assignments include commands of services and mission support flights, a logistics readiness squadron and mission support group. Her deployment history includes multiple deployments as a logistics readiness officer. She deployed in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM as Deputy Air Reserve Component Advisor for Air Force Central Command, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar. Finally General Johnson served as Comander, 313th Air Expeditionary Wing's Mission Support Group Moron Air Base, Spain and in support of Operation UNIFIED PROTECTOR.
1993 Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Neb.
1996 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2001 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Master of Science degree in Library & Information Science, Emporia State University, Kan.
2006 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Air University, Master of Science, Strategic Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Joint Forces Staff College, Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Norfolk, Va.
2011 Northern Command, Joint Task Force Commander Training Course, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2012 Level IV Antiterrorism Executive Seminar - Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, McClean, Va.
2014 National Defense University, Reserve Component National Security Course, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2015 U.S. Northern Command, Dual Status Commander Training Course, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2016 DoD Defense Support of Civil Authorities Phase II, Fort Eustis, Va.
2016 Harvard University, Senior Executives in National and International Security, Cambridge, Mass.
2017 Senior Leader Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2018 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Institute for Defense Business, Durham, N.C.
1. July 1988 - September 1988, Student, Academy of Military Science, Knoxville, Tenn.
2. September 1988 - August 1990, Equal Opportunity Officer, 155th Mission Support Squadron, Nebraska ANG, Lincoln, Neb.
3. August 1990 - June 1993, Chief, Social Actions Branch, 155th Tactical Reconnaissance Group, Nebraska ANG, Lincoln, Neb.
4. June 1993 - March 1995, Commander, Services Flight, 155th Support Group, Nebraska ANG, Lincoln, Neb.
5. March 1995 - July 2000, Logistics Plans Officer, 155th Air Refueling Wing, Nebraska ANG, Lincoln, Neb.
6. August 2000 - June 2001, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. June 2001 - September 2003, Logistics Plans Officer, 155th Air Refueling Wing, Nebraska ANG, Lincoln, Neb.
8. September 2003 - January 2004, Logistics Readiness Officer, 155th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Nebraska ANG, Lincoln, Neb.
9. January 2004 - July 2005, Commander, 155th Mission Support Flight, Nebraska ANG, Lincoln, Neb.
10. July 2005 - June 2006, Student, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
11. June 2006 - November 2007, Commander, 155th Mission Support Flight, Air National Guard, Lincoln, Neb.
12. December 2007 - April 2008, Deputy Air Reserve Component Advisor, USAFCENT, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
13. April 2008 - June 2009, Executive Officer, 155th Air Refueling Wing, Nebraska ANG, Lincoln, Neb.
14. July 2009 - February 2010, Commander, 155th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Nebraska ANG, Lincoln, Neb.
15. February 2010 - October 2014, Commander, 155th Mission Support Group, Nebraska ANG, Lincoln, Neb.
16. October 2014 - March 2016, Chief of Staff, Joint Staff - (NE) Joint Force Headquarters, Lincoln, Neb.
17. April 2016 - Present, Director, Joint Staff - (NE) Joint Force Headquarters (JFHQ), Lincoln, Nebraska; dual-hatted, August 2017 - Present, Special Assistant to the Director, Air National Guard for Logistics, Installation and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force (HAF/A4), Washington, District of Columbia
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & AFFLIATIONS
National Guard Association of the United States, Life Member
National Guard Association of Nebraska, Member & Past President
Air Force Association, Member
Veterans of Foreign Wars, Member
American Legion, Member
Military Officers Association of America, Member
Nebraska National Guard Museum & Historical Society, Board Member
Nebraska National Guard Foundation, Secretary
Nebraska Literary Heritage Association, Board Member & Past President
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sep. 22, 1988
First Lieutenant Oct. 5, 1990
Captain Nov. 17, 1992
Major Mar. 17, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel Jan. 30, 2004
Colonel Mar. 15, 2010
Brigadier General Apr. 1, 2016
(Current as of June 2018)