MAJOR GENERAL PATRICK J. COBB
Maj. Gen. Patrick J. Cobb serves as the Air National Guard Assistant to the Commander, United States Space Operations Command, Peterson AFB, Colo. General Cobb is a distinguished graduate of the Reserve Officer Training Corps at the University of Florida (Detachment 150) and Squadron Officer School. Past assignments include, Commander, 102nd Intelligence Wing, Joint Base Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and Director of Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR), Air National Guard (ANG), National Guard Bureau, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland.
1991 Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
1997 Squadron Officer School (SOS), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Air Command and Staff College (ACSC), by correspondence
1999 Master of Science in Strategic Intelligence, Joint Military Intelligence College, Bolling AFB, D.C.
2008 Air War College, by correspondence
2009 National Security Studies and Technology Seminar, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md.
2010 National Security Studies Program, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2015 Leadership in Homeland Security, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2015 Master of Science in Joint Campaign Planning and Strategy, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2017 General and Flag Officer Homeland Security Executive Seminar, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2017 Senior Executives in National & International Security, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2018 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives (CPIE), Institute for Defense Business (IDB), Durham, N.C.
2018 National and International Security Leadership Seminar (NISLS), Washington, D.C.
2018 Senior Leader Orientation Course (SLOC); Joint Base Andrews, Md. & Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
2019 CAPSTONE, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2019 National Security Studies Management Course (NSSMC), Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
1. April 1992 - November 1992, Student, Intelligence Officer Training, Goodfellow Air Force Base (AFB), Texas
2. November 1992 - July 1994, Intelligence Officer, 43d Air Refueling Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
3. July 1994 - August 1998, Intelligence Officer, 101st Air Refueling Wing, Maine ANG, Bangor, Maine
4. August 1998 - September 1999, Student, Joint Military Intelligence College, Bolling AFB, D.C.
5. September 1999 - February 2001, Staff Officer (Contractor), Strategy and Policy, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
6. December 1999 - February 2001, Watch Officer, National Military Joint Intelligence Center (JCS-J2), Pentagon, Washington D.C.
7. February 2001 - October 2005, Air National Guard (ANG) Intelligence Functional Manager, NGB, Washington, D.C.
8. October 2005 - August 2007, Chief, ANG Ground ISR Branch, NGB, Washington, D.C.
9. August 2007 - December 2008, Chief, ANG Ground ISR Division, NGB, Washington, D.C.
10. December 2008 - August 2010, Deputy Director of ISR, NGB, Washington, D.C.
11. August 2010 - August 2012, Director of ISR, NGB, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
12. August 2012 - October 2013, Commander, 102d Intelligence Wing, Joint Base Cape Cod, Mass.
13. October 2013 - June 2014, ANG Advisor to Deputy Chief of Staff for ISR, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. June 2014 - June 2015, Student, Joint Advanced Warfighter School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
15. June 2015 - May 2017, Deputy Director, Joint Intelligence Directorate, NGB, Arlington, Va., as a Colonel, Joint Duty Assignment
16. May 2017 - July 2019, Director, Joint Intelligence (J-2), Arlington, VA
17. August 2019 - December 2019, Special Assistant to the Chief, National Guard Bureau, Washington, DC
18. December 2019 - March 2021, Deputy Director, Space Operations, NGB-SO, Pentagon, VA
19. April 2021 - July 2021, Special Assistant to Chief, National Guard Bureau for Space, National Guard Bureau, Peterson AFB, CO
20. July 2021 - Present, Air National Guard Assistant to the Commander, United States Space Operations Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with two bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal
Coast Guard Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Oct. 23, 1991
First Lieutenant Oct. 23, 1993
Captain Nov. 9, 1995
Major June 9, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 31, 2005
Colonel June 19, 2009
Brigadier General May 24, 2017
Major General July 1, 2021
(Current as of July 2021)