Brigadier General Greg A. Haase
Brig. Gen. Greg A. Haase was the Special Assistant to the Director, Air National Guard, assigned to the Headquarters, Air Force, Total Force-Continuum (TF-C), Pentagon, Washington, D.C. On behalf of the Secretary of the Air Force and the Chief of Staff of the Air Force, the Total Force-Continuum works to identify the appropriate balance of active and reserve components across missions and platforms; and to reduce legal, organizational, policy, and cultural barriers to become a more fully integrated Air Force. Some key elements of the directorate include current operations, counterdrug, force protection, future operations, cyberspace, joint exercises and combating weapons of mass destruction.
General Haase graduated from North Dakota State University in 1983 with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering. He then joined the N.D. ANG and attended Avionics Aerospace training at Lowry Air Force Base. In 1984 after completing the course as an honor graduate, he trained as a guardsman on the F-4 Phantom while pursuing a master of science in Civil Engineering. He was selected for undergraduate pilot training with the 133d Airlift Wing in 1985. He completed the course as an "Academic Ace" in 1987. In 1998 he served as Commander, 109th Airlift Squadron, St. Paul, Minn., his first of three, non-deployed, command assignments to include the Logistics Group, Maintenance Group and the Airlift Wing. Departing the wing, he became the Director, Joint Interagency Counter Trafficking Center for European Command, Stuttgart Germany, focusing on Counter Narcotics, Counter Threat Finance and Countering Transnational Threats. General Haase's prior assignment was the Vice Director Domestic Operations and Force Development for the National Guard Bureau.
1983 Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, North Dakota State University, Fargo
1985 Assistantship Civil Engineering, North Dakota State University, Fargo
1986 Associate of Science degree in Avionics System Technology, Community College of the Air Force
1987 Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, Okla.
1995 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1998 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2003 National Security Fellowship, Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, Mass.
2009 Executive Program Carlson School of Business, University of Minnesota, St. Paul
2013 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2014 Senior Executives in National and International Security, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2015 CAPSTONE for General Officers, National Defense University, Washington D.C.
2016 Harvard University, General and Flag Officer Homeland Security Executive Seminar, Cambridge, Mass.
1. November 1983 - August 1986, Avionics Aerospace Ground Equipment Specialist, North Dakota ANG, Fargo
2. August 1986 - March 1988, Academy of Military Science, Undergraduate Pilot Training, C-130 Initial Qual
3. March 1988 - February 1989, Mission Co-Pilot, 109th Airlift Squadron, St. Paul, Minn.
4. February 1989 - June 1993, Pilot Scheduler and Battle Staff Executive Officer, 109th AS, St. Paul, Minn.
5. June 1993 - October 1996, Chief of Training, 133d Airlift Wing, St. Paul, Minn.
6. October 1996 - December 1998, Chief Pilot of Standards and Evaluations, 133d Operations Group, St. Paul, Minn.
7. December 1998 - September 2001, Commander, 109th Airlift Squadron, St. Paul, Minn.
8. September 2001 - July 2002, Vice Commander, 133d Maintenance Group/133d Logistics Group, St. Paul, Minn.
9. July 2002 - June 2003, SDE Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, Mass.
10. June 2003 - February 2004, Chief of Staff, 133d Airlift Wing, St. Paul, Minn.
11. February 2004 - November 2006, Commander, 133d Maintenance Group, St. Paul, Minn.
12. November 2006 - August 2013, Commander, 133d Airlift Wing, St. Paul, Minn. (January 2007 - May 2007, Deputy Commander, 455th Expeditionary Operations Group, Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan)
13. August 2013 - May 2014, Director, Joint Interagency Counter Trafficking Center, Stuttgart Germany
14. May 2014 - October 2017, Vice Director, Domestic Operations and Force Development, J-3/7, National Guard Bureau, Arlington, Va.
15. October 2017 - July 2018, Special Assistant to the Director, Air National Guard, for Total Force Continuum , Washington, DC
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 5,300
Aircraft flown: C-130E/H/H3, T-37, T-38
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & AFFLIATIONS
National Guard Association of the United States
National Guard Enlisted Association
STARBASE MN Board Member
MN Air National Guard Historical Foundation Board Member
Air Space MN Board Member
Senior Member Civil Air Patrol 130th Wing Lakeville MN
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 18, 1986
First Lieutenant Oct. 16, 1988
Captain Oct. 16, 1990
Major May 5, 1995
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 30, 1999
Colonel Aug. 4, 2004
Brigadier General Aug. 1, 2013
(Current as of October 2018)