Major General Brian T. Dravis
Maj. Gen. Brian T. Dravis serves as Director, Joint Service Provider (JSP), Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Pentagon, Washington, D.C. General Dravis leads five Centers supporting the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Staff, Headquarters Department of the Army, and all other Department of Defense Component offices within the National Capital Region. General Dravis oversees all daily information technology operations and defenses, managing an infrastructure and portfolio valued over $1 billion. As Director, he oversees a 2,500+ manned organization meeting Deputy Secretary of Defense directed consolidation, savings, organizational and cyberspace security requirements as mandated by the Directive creating the JSP. He also serves as Mobilization Assistant to the Director, DISA.
General Dravis was commissioned through the Reserve Officers Training Corps program at San Jose State University in 1983. His operational assignments include several F-111 fighter squadrons both in the United Kingdom and United States, as well as tours in the RF-4C and F-4G "Wild Weasel." In 1995, General Dravis joined the Kansas Air National Guard, 184th Bomb Wing, flying the B-1B. In 2002, he was selected as the inaugural commander of the 177th Information Warfare Aggressor Squadron. In 2005, General Dravis served as the National Guard Bureau Division Chief, Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance with responsibility for standing up initial MQ-1 and MQ-9 Unmanned Aerial Systems capability in the Air National Guard. Later, he was selected as Deputy Director, National Guard Bureau/A2, and also served as Deputy Director of National Guard Bureau/A3, Air, Space, and Information Operations Directorate. General Dravis is a Master Navigator with more than 3,000 flying hours, primarily in B-1, F-111 and F-4 aircraft.
1983 Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, San Jose State University, San Jose, Calif.
1987 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1998 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2002 Air War College, by correspondence
2003 United States Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School Psychological Operations Officer Course, by correspondence
2010 Joint Task Force Commanders Course (NORTHCOM), in residence
2013 Senior Leader Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md., in residence
2015 CAPSTONE, National Defense University, Fort Lesley McNair, Washington, D.C., in residence
2018 Advanced Senior Leader Development Seminar, Warrenton, Va.
1. September 1983 - May 1984, Student, Undergraduate Navigator Training, 323rd Flying Training Wing, Mather AFB, Calif.
2. May 1984 - February 1985, Student, United States Air Force Basic Operational Training Course, 524th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
3. February 1985 - September 1985, Student, F-111F Replacement Training Course, 49th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England
4. September 1985 - March 1987, Weapons Systems Officer, F-111F/Radar Strike Officer, 493rd Tactical Fighter Squadron, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England
5. March 1987 - March 1988, Life Support Officer/Instructor Weapon Systems Officer, F-111F, 493rd Tactical Fighter Squadron, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England
6. March 1988 - September 1990, F-111A Instructor Weapon Systems Officer, 391st Tactical Fighter Squadron, Mount Home AFB, Idaho
7. September 1990 - September 1991, RF-4C Weapons System Officer, 190th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron, Gowen Field, Idaho
8. September 1991 - September 1994, F-4G Weapon Systems Officer, 190th Fighter Squadron, Boise Airfield, Idaho
9. September 1994 - July 1996, Offensive Systems Officer, 127th Bomb Squadron, McConnell Air Force Base, Kan.
10. July 1996 - April 1998, Chief of Training/B-1B Weapons Systems Officer, 184th Operations Support Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
11. May 1998 - April 2000, A Flight Commander, Instructor Weapon Systems Officer, 127th Bomb Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
12. May 2000 - September 2002, Chief, Combined Plans, 184th Bomb Wing, McConnell AFB, Kan.
13. October 2002 - May 2005, Commander, 177th Information Warfare Aggressor Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
14. May 2005 - May 2007, Deputy Director, Space and Information Superiority, Air National Guard Readiness Center, Arlington, Va.
15. May 2007 - September 2008, Deputy Director, National Guard Bureau/A3 Air, Space, and Information Operations, Air National Guard Readiness Center, Arlington, Va.
16. September 2008 - May 2013, Commander, 194th Regional Support Wing, Camp Murray, Wash.
17. May 2013 - October 2018, Mobilization Assistant to the Director, Defense Information Systems Agency/Commander for Joint Task Force-Global Network Operations/Deputy Commander for United States Strategic Command Global Network Operations and Defense, Fort Meade, Md.
18. October 2018 - Present, Director, Joint Service Provider, Defense Information Systems Agency , Fort Meade, Md.
Rating: Master Navigator
Flight hours: 3,000
Aircraft flown: B-1, F-111A/D/F, F-4E, F-4G, RF-4C
Pilot wings: Mather Air Force Base, California
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation
Combat Readiness Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze service star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with bronze service star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long Tour
Air Force Longevity Service Award Ribbon with four oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with silver hourglass
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Aug. 12, 1983
First Lieutenant Aug. 12, 1985
Captain Aug. 12, 1987
Major June 2, 1996
Lieutenant Colonel Nov. 21, 2000
Colonel Aug. 2, 2006
Brigadier General May 31, 2013
Major General Aug. 10, 2017
(Current as of December 2018)