Major General Michael A. Loh
Maj. Gen. Michael Loh is The Adjutant General, Colorado National Guard. Appointed by the Governor of Colorado the General serves as the Executive Director of the Department of Military & Veterans Affairs and is a member of the Governor's cabinet and is the commander of the Colorado National Guard. The Colorado National guard consists of the Colorado Army National Guard, Colorado Air National Guard and the Department of Military & Veterans Affairs, totaling more than 5,500 Soldiers, Airman and state employees. As Adjutant General,,General Loh is responsible for the daily operation and management of readiness, fiscal, personnel, equipment, and real property resources of the Military Department, and ensures the training readiness of all personnel to accomplish both state and federal missions. In addition, the General is responsible for supporting the missions of the Civil Air Patrol's Colorado Wing consisting of over 2,500 volunteers, and the strategic State Partnerships of Jordan and Slovenia.
General Loh is a 1984 graduate of the United States Air Force Academy. He served 7 years on active duty as an F-6A/C instructor and strike pilot in USAFE and Luke Air Force Base. He joined the Colorado Air National Guard in 1991 and has held command, staff and supervisory positions including Assistant Adjutant General-Colorado, Air National Guard council chairman, Group commander and Squadron commander. He deployed multiple times to both the Pacific and Central Command regions and commanded combat operations during Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Provide Comfort II. Prior to his current assignment, National Guard Assistant to the Commander,,Air Combat Command, Langley Air Force Base, Virginia.
General Loh is a command pilot with over 3,200 flight hours including 2,900 hours and 128 combat flight hours in the F-16A/B/C/D.
1984 Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Spring, Colorado
1988 SOS, by correspondence
2000 ACSC, by correspondence
2004 National Security Management, by correspondence
2010 Harvard-US Russia Security, in residence
2010 Marshall Center, in residence
2010 SLOC, in residence
2011 AFSO21, in residence
2011 AJPME, by correspondence
2011 SRCOC, in residence
2011 Master of Business Administration in Business Administration, Trident University International, Cypress, California
2012 CAPSTONE, in residence
2012 Syracuse NSLC, in residence
2014 Enterprise Perspective Seminar (EPS), in residence
1. May 1984 - October 1985, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. October 1985 - January 1986, Student, Fighter Lead-in Training, Holloman AFB, N.M.
3. January 1986 - July 1986, Student, Air Force Operational Training Course, F-16, MacDill AFB, Fla.
4. July 1986 - June 1989, Pilot, 313th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Hahn Air Base, Germany
5. June 1989 - September 1991, Instructor Pilot, 310th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. September 1991 - June 1996, Pilot, 120th Fighter Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo.
7. June 1996 - June 1997, Instructor Pilot, 120th Fighter Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo.
8. June 1997 - September 2003, Flight Commander, 120th Fighter Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo.
9. October 2003 - September 2004, Commander, 140th Operations Support Flight, Buckley AFB, Colo.
10. October 2004 - September 2006, Commander, 140th Operations Support Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo.
11. October 2006 - May 2010, Commander, 140th Operations Group, Buckley AFB, Colo.
12. May 2010 - September 2011, Special Assistant to the Chief of Staff, United States Air Force
13. October 2011 - February 2012, Assistant Adjutant General
14. January 2012 - July 2013, Assistant Adjutant General; dual-hatted, November 2011 - May 2013, Assistant to the Commander, 14th Air Force (14AF/CC)
15. August 2013 - March 2016, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, NORAD
16. April 2016 - April 2017, Air National Guard Assistant to the Commander, Air Combat Command , Langley AFB, VA
17. April 2017 - Present, The Adjutant General, Colorado, Centennial, Colorado
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. August 2013 - March 2016, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, NORAD as Major General
Rating: Command pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,200 (128 Combat)
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-38, AT-38, F-16A/B/C/D
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Combat Action Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with valor and three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with silver hourglass and M device
1985 Outstanding graduate ATC commander's trophy, undergraduate pilot training
1986 Outstanding graduate, F-16 operational training course
1986 Order of Daedalians Orville Wright achievement award
2004 Order of Daedalians mile high flight distinguished pilot award
Civilian Air Transport Pilot rated in Boeing 727, 737, 747-400, and 777
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 28, 1984
First Lieutenant May 28, 1986
Captain May 28, 1988
Major Oct. 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel Nov. 3, 2001
Colonel Oct. 14, 2006
Brigadier General May 21, 2010
Major General Aug. 1, 2013
(Current as of August 2017)